[lg policy] Speech Accent Archive

Ann Anderson Evans annevans123 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 26 12:35:35 UTC 2011

This is fascinating.  I teach ESL, and will pass it along to my students.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM, <dzo at bisharat.net> wrote:

> FYI
>
> http://accent.gmu.edu/
>
> The speech accent archive is established to uniformly exhibit a large set
> of speech accents from a variety of language backgrounds. Native and
> non-native speakers of English all read the same English paragraph and are
> carefully recorded.⁠ The archive is constructed as a teaching tool and as a
> research tool. It is meant to be used by linguists as well as other people
> who simply wish to listen to and compare the accents of different English
> speakers.

*Ann Anderson Evans*
*Writer and Adjunct Professor, Montclair State University*
Adjunct Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology
*(201) 792-6892 or (973) 495-0338
*
*www.linguisticsintheclassroom.com*
*www.annandersonevans.com*
The Abortion Wars:  Survivors, Speak Up!
on Kindle ebooks.
*
*
*