[lg policy] call: Semantics of Under-Represented Languages in the Americas 7

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 27 14:51:36 UTC 2012

Semantics of Under-Represented Languages in the Americas 7
Short Title: SULA7

Date: 04-May-2012 - 06-May-2012
Location: Ithaca, NY, USA
Contact Person: Sarah Murray
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://conf.ling.cornell.edu/SULA7/

Linguistic Field(s): Semantics

Call Deadline: 30-Jan-2012

Meeting Description:

Semantics of Under-Represented Languages in the Americas (SULA) 7 will
be held at Cornell University, 4-6 May 2012. The goal of the
conference is to bring together researchers working on languages or
dialects spoken in the Americas which do not have an established
tradition of work in formal semantics. We especially encourage
abstract submissions from those whose work involves primary fieldwork
or experimentation as well as analysis. We strongly encourage the
participation of graduate students.

Invited Speakers:

Maria Bittner (Rutgers University)
Theodore Fernald (Swarthmore College)
Robert Henderson (University of California, Santa Cruz)
Richard Littlebear (Chief Dull Knife College)
Meagan Louie (University of British Columbia, Vancouver)

Call for Papers:

We invite submissions of abstracts for papers (25-minute presentation
plus 10-minute discussion) or posters on any topic in the semantics of
under-represented languages of the Americas. As in previous years,
sessions will include a discussion period at the end with
commentators.

The abstract submission deadline is 30 January 2012, 11:59pm EST. We
expect to make notifications of acceptance in late February.

Instructions for Abstract Submission:

Abstracts must be at most two pages long, including data and
references, on letter-size or A4 paper with 1 inch margins on all
sides and at least 11 point font. Abstracts should have a clear title
and should be anonymous, so all authors' names must be absent from all
pages. The abstract must be submitted electronically in PDF format.

We are using EasyAbstracts at The Linguist List for the submission and
the review process. The address for abstract submission is:

http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/SULA7

When you submit your abstract, you will be asked to indicate whether
you would like your abstract to be considered for a talk, a poster, or
both. Submissions are limited to 1 individual and 1 joint abstract per
author, or 2 joint abstracts per author.

Important Dates:

Submission deadline: 30 January 2012, 11:59pm EST
Notification of acceptance: Late February 2012
Conference date: 4-6 May 2012

Contact Information:

Conference website: http://conf.ling.cornell.edu/SULA7/
Email contact: sula7.cornell at gmail.com

http://linguistlist.org/issues/23/23-420.html

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)