[lg policy] Bounced messages and other issues

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 5 15:41:23 UTC 2012

All,

I have been trying to contact Linguist-List to find out why their
system sends "bounce" notices
to some of our members saying they do not have the right to post
messages on Linguist-List.
The problem is that nobody's trying to do that--what we're trying to
do is send messages to
lgpolicy-list, which are then automatically archived by Linguist-List.
 I appreciate very much
this service, but something is wrong with their system lately.

I am waiting for an answer on this, but have yet to receive one from
them.  Earlier I discovered
that their archives are not open to Google, so if you google a known
message (i.e. one you
know is in our archives) it won't come up.  I asked one of their
consultants why this should be
the case, since anybody is free to look in Linguist-List's archives,
but I never got a definitive
answer.  So I'm hoping to get more on that soon, too.

In the meantime, if you get a "bounce" from Linguist-List, your
message probably went through
(to lgpolicy-list) so just ignore it for now.  I haven't checked to
see if these bounced messages
are actually showing up in their archives.

HS

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)