[lg policy] call: English in Europe: Opportunity or Threat?

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 29 16:36:26 UTC 2012

English in Europe: Opportunity or Threat?

COPENHAGEN 2

The English Language in teaching in European Higher Education
19 April - 21 April 2013, Copenhagen
Organised by the University of Copenhagen

On behalf of our Sheffield-based team, we are pleased to announce the
third conference of the Leverhulme Trust-funded research network:
English in Europe: Opportunity or Threat. The conference will take
place Friday 19 April – Sunday 21 April 2013 (NEW DATES) in
Copenhagen, Denmark.

The theme of the conference is “The English Language in Teaching in
European Higher Education”. We invite papers on all topics relating to
this theme. This may include but is not limited to:

    Ideologies of English in higher education
    Language policy in higher education
    English medium instruction in higher education
    Consequences of English medium instruction for local languages
    Parallellingualism and multilingualism in higher education
    English as an academic lingua franca
    Content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
    English for academic purposes (EAP)
    English language testing in higher education

Submission guidelines
Please send an anonymous abstract of no more than 300 words as an
attachment to cip at hum.ku.dk with “Abstract for Spring 2013 Conference”
in the subject field. In a second attachment include your abstract,
paper title, name and contact details of the author(s). All papers
will be submitted to blind peer review and assessed according to
relevance and quality.

Keynote speakers
We are proud to announce our confirmed keynote speakers:

Robert Phillipson, Professor Emeritus, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark

Francis Hult, Associate Professor, Lund University

Glenn Ole Hellekjær, Associate Professor, University of Oslo

Important Dates

Conference announcement and call for papers: 12 September 2012

Deadline abstract submission: 1 January 2013

Notification of abstract outcome / Registration opens: 1 February 2013

Deadline for Registration: 18 March 2013

Conference: 19 April - 21 April 2013 (NEW DATES)

http://www.englishineurope.postgrad.shef.ac.uk/Conferences/Conference%20in%20Copenhagen/Call%20for%20Papers/?utm_source=Conference+Participants&utm_campaign=83ced7ba64-Important+cha+Copenhagen+conference%3A+NEW+DATES&utm_medium=email

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)