[lg policy] Crossfire: Clarifying our Language Policy

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 12 14:19:32 UTC 2012

Clarifying our Language Policy

    Different languages are OK as long as people do not spam. Same
rules as they would write in English.

THIS! Forgot to talk about languages at all <.<

I see no reason either to ban people for using their own language. If
someone is spamming, then he should be banned no matter what kind of
language he used. But if someone is just chatting in Croatian, German,
French or whatever language s/he would like to use, it's nothing that
should bother anyone.

There's already a very effective countermeasure if a player annoys you
because he talks a strange language: The chatblock option. If someone
is bothered by languages, then he should just block the person using
that language.

(In case of counter-arguement "then we don't need bans for
chat!!11!!): I still think that this shouldn't apply to all. If
someone is insulting or spamming, then that is offensive as soon as it
happens. A chatblock afterwards is just medium effective, and to avoid
insulting and spamming, I see that a good ban policy is necessary
here.

http://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/p/18647/54496.aspx

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)