[lg policy] Linguist List Issue: 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas

Tue Mar 26 19:02:02 UTC 2013

hfs thought you might be interested in this item from the LINGUIST List
hfs says ...

Message1: 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas
Date:25-Mar-2013
From:Joseph Salmons jsalmons at wisc.edu
LINGUIST List issue http://linguistlist.org/issues/24/24-1405.html

Full Title: 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas

Date: 19-Sep-2013 - 21-Sep-2013
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Contact Person: Birna Arnbj�rnsd�ttir
Meeting Email: heritagelanguages at hi.is
Web Site: http://www.conference.hi.is/heritagelanguages/

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-May-2013

Meeting Description:

The 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas will take place at the University of Iceland on September 19-21, 2013.

Keynote Speaker is Maria Polinsky, Professor of Linguistics, Director of the Language Science Lab, Harvard University.

The workshop is organized by The Vigd�s Finnbogad�ttir Institute of Foreign Languages and The Centre for Research in the Humanities at the University of Iceland.

For further information, please visit our website (under construction):

http://www.conference.hi.is/heritagelanguages/

Links to Previous Workshops:

http://www.psu.edu/dept/heritagelangs/index.htm
http://www.hf.uio.no/iln/english/about/organization/text-laboratory/news-events/events/2011/feforseminar-norskiamerika.html
http://uppermidwesterncultures.blogspot.no/2010/07/investigating-immigrant-languages-in.html

Organisers:

Birna Arnbj�rnsd�ttir, birnaarn at hi.is (University of Iceland)
Janne Bondi Johannessen, j.b.johannessen at iln.uio.no (University of Oslo)
Mike Putnam, syntaxpunk at gmail.com (Penn State University)
Joseph Salmons, jsalmons at wisc.edu (University of Wisconsin, Madison)

Funded by Hugv�sindastofnun and SVF

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for 30-minute presentations on any aspect of the linguistics of heritage languages in the Americas (e.g., structural, generative, historical, sociolinguistic, or experimental). Abstracts can be a maximum of two pages in length (including diagrams, charts, and references), and should be sent anonymously to this email address:

heritagelanguages at hi.is

The submission deadline is May 31, 2013. We will contact those accepted for presentation by June 30, 2013.

Also you can take a look at it by visiting
http://linguistlist.org/issues/24/24-1405.html

Read other LINGUIST List posts:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/index.cfm

Get your own free subscription to The LINGUIST List:
http://linguistlist.org/LL/subs-index.cfm