[lg policy] Linguist List Issue: Different approaches to multilingualism (social, cognitive, and psychological) / Oslo, Norway

The LINGUIST List linguist at LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Tue Jul 8 15:20:41 UTC 2014

HFS thought you might be interested in this item from the LINGUIST List
HFS says ...

Message1: Different approaches to multilingualism (social, cognitive, and psychological) / Oslo, Norway
Date:06-Jul-2014
From:Anne Golden anne.golden at iln.uio.no
LINGUIST List issue http://linguistlist.org/issues/25/25-2839.html

University or Organization: University of Pennsylvania
Department: Graduate School of Education
Web Address: http://www.gse.upenn.edu

Job Rank: Tenure-Track Professor of Educational Linguistics
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

The Graduate School of Education at the University of Pennsylvania invites applications for a tenure track position at assistant/associate professor level in our division of Educational Linguistics. The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate with a clear specialization in sociocognitive and/or sociocultural approaches to language learning and outstanding promise of research productivity in educational linguistics.  We are looking for scholars who have an active program of interdisciplinary research in second language development, multilingual language socialization, language assessment, English as a global language, or related areas.  Ideal candidates will have experience in language learning and teaching in K-12, higher education and/or community contexts.  We expect the successful candidate to provide intellectual leadership through teaching, advising, and research in the Educational Linguistics Division, and across divisional programs within the Penn Graduate !
 School of Education.

We anticipate that the appointment will be made at the assistant/associate professor level, to begin July 1, 2015.  We will begin reviewing applications on October 1, 2014, and will continue to consider new applications until the position is filled. Please apply online at the application website below by submitting a letter expressing your interest and general qualifications, curriculum vitae, and reprints of publications and relevant manuscripts with your application.

Please address all correspondence to Chair, Faculty Search Committee, Division of Educational Linguistics.

In order to be considered, letters from three references should be forwarded to Chair, Search Committee in Educational Linguistics c/o Ms. Elizabeth Deane (mailing address below).

The University of Pennsylvania is an EOE. Minorities / Women / Individuals with disabilities / Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.

The University of Pennsylvania is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Application Deadline:

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ms. Elizabeth Deane
	University of Pennsylvania
	Graduate School of Education
	3700 Walnut Street
	Philadelphia, PA 19104-6216
	USA

Web Address for Applications: https://www.gse.upenn.edu/faculty_research/positions/apply-elx-prof

Contact Information:
	Elizabeth Deane
	Email: bettyd at gse.upenn.edu

Also you can take a look at it by visiting
http://linguistlist.org/issues/25/25-2839.html

Read other LINGUIST List posts:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/index.cfm

Get your own free subscription to The LINGUIST List:
http://linguistlist.org/LL/subs-index.cfm