[lg policy] Publishing endangered languages and scripts, and an appeal

Brookes, Tim brookes at champlain.edu
Fri Apr 10 15:45:46 UTC 2015

Members of this group may be interested to read about the activities of the
students in my Publishing in the 21st Century class at Champlain College in
Burlington, Vermont, USA.
Over the past two years, we have been working to publish a series of
classroom materials in indigenous languages of the Chittagong Hill
Tracts--Marma, Mro, and Chakma in particular--for three schools where
children are educated in their mother tongues. So far they have made
alphabet charts, rubber alphabet stamps, coloring sheets, writing journals,
stickers, and classroom storybook readers based on oral history tales the
children themselves collected from their elders.
For more information, please visit
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/663870893/education-in-the-chittagong-hill-tracts
.
Thanks!
Tim Brookes
Founder, The Endangered Alphabets Project