[lg policy] What does Bill Gates regret?

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:27:24 UTC 2015

This week in an online Reddit chat, Bill Gates revealed his main regret:

“I feel pretty stupid that I don’t know any foreign languages. I took Latin
and Greek in High School and got A’s and I guess it helps my vocabulary but
I wish I knew French or Arabic or Chinese. I keep hoping to get time to
study one of these – probably French because it is the easiest. I did
Duolingo for awhile but didn’t keep it up. Mark Zuckerberg amazingly
learned Mandarin and did a Q&A with Chinese students – incredible”.

http://languagemagazine.com/?p=122973