[lg policy] UK: Welsh Language Scheme

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 16:50:59 UTC 2015

 Welsh Language Scheme

Wales Millenium Stadium ©

Copyright British Council

The British Council recognises the principle of equality between English
and Welsh and is committed to communicating bilingually with the public in
Wales. This is in accordance with the Welsh Language Act 1993. We recognise
that the languages should be treated on a basis of equality and have
prepared a Welsh Language Scheme outlining the measures we intend to take
to respect that principle.

This publication incorporates many of the current working practices of the
British Council. It formalises language policies, as required by the Welsh
Language Commissioner. Please download the document below for more details.

https://wales.britishcouncil.org/en/about/welsh-language-scheme