[lg policy] TeachLing annual recruitment drive

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Mon Sep 7 13:57:22 UTC 2015

Hello assorted linguists,

Do you teach linguistics? Do you like email? Are you tired of having to find all your
readings and design your lectures all on your own? If you answered yes to any of
these, then TeachLing is the place for you! It's a list for anyone who teaches (or
might be about to teach...) linguistics of any kind, and wants some company in this
lonely old world.

Now, September is upon us, the carefree gallivanting of conference season is drawing
to a close, a flurry of academic employment contracts have been signed, and the
lecture halls are once again beckoning us into their warm embrace. So this seems a
good time to plug our little list, and beat the drum for membership. It's completely
free! And if you aren't 100% satisfied then you'll be refunded in full!

For this annual rush it would be easiest to funnel people into a secure Google doc so
that email addresses can be collected and added to the list en masse. I know there's
a self-registration system, but with that each new member request has to be
individually approved. Call me lazy...

So, if teaching linguistics currently occupies some or all of your time, please head
along here and add your email address: http://goo.gl/PvYu97.

Lastly, allow me to introduce my co-moderator / co-overlord (coverlord?), Dr.
Charlotte Selleck at the University of Worcester: c.selleck at worc.ac.uk. Please
distribute any praise and/or blame equally between us.

And please feel free to distribute this message far and wide.

See you on TeachLing :)

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University

---