[lg policy] 'UK language policy after Brexit' call for submissions (speculations, hopes, fears, etc.), Thurs 15 Sept 2016, Sheffield

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Tue Aug 2 09:28:04 UTC 2016

Hello one and all,

Further to my email on 15th July about this topic, it seems I have indeed volunteered
myself to organise something. That something will be a one-day mini-conference, open
to different lengths and shapes of contribution (and to non-presenting spectators).

Given the pace of all this, there's no need to present 'research findings' as such,
just informed views about the potential effects of Brexit on any aspect of language
policy (broadly defined) in the UK, according to your area(s) of expertise.

Registration for all attendees (and call for submissions for those presenting), plus
other practical details, here: http://bit.ly/uklangpolbrexit.

Please distribute this to anyone who might be interested!

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers, ORCID no. 0000-0003-1124-7132
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk