Re: [lg policy] UK: Muslim women to be taught English in £20m, plan to beat 'backward attitudes'

Baron, Dennis E debaron at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 18 17:20:46 UTC 2016

Agree completely, Dave. First Cameron cut funds for language classes, now he's trickling them back with an eye toward saying, “Hey, we spent the money, they still didn’t learn English, so no more money, no more immigrants. Problem solved.”

Dennis

Dennis Baron
Professor of English and Linguistics
Department of English