[lg policy] Book Reviews for Language Policy

Bill Rivers wrivers at languagepolicy.org
Thu Apr 5 21:24:38 UTC 2018

Sarah,

Has anyone volunteered for the Baran monograph?

Best,

Bill

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:41 PM Sarah Moore <SMoore at cal.org> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> As one of the book review editors for *Language Policy*, I would like to
> draw your attention to the titles listed below, which are available for
> review:
>
> ·        Baran, D. (2017). *Language in immigrant America.* CUP.
>
> ·        Heller, M. and McElhinny, B. (2017). *Language, Capitalism,
> Colonialism: Toward a Critical History*
> Oakes, L. & Peled, Y. (2018) *Normative Language Policy.*
>
> ·        Saxena. M. (2018). *Multilingualism, Globalization, and English:
> Ethnography of Language Education Policy in Action*
>
> If you are interested in reviewing any of these, please contact me
> directly at smoore at cal.org, *taking care not to email the whole list*. To
> avoid accidentally doing this, you may wish to forward this email to me
> rather than simply reply. Please indicate the title you are interested in *and
> a full postal address*.
>

> Reviews should be no longer than 1,000 words in length and are generally
> due three months after receipt of the book. Editorial guidelines and more
> details about the journal are available at:
>
> http://www.springer.com/linguistics/applied+linguistics/journal/10993
>

> I would be grateful if you could forward this list to any interested and
> qualified colleagues or students. Please also note our policy of only one
> review per person per year. If you have written a review for us recently, I
> would therefore appreciate it if you held off this time.
>
> Best,
>
> Sarah
>

> *Sarah C. K. Moore, Ph.D.*
>
> *Program Director, PreK12 EL Education*
>
> *Center for Applied Linguistics*
>
> *4646 40th St. NW*
>
> *Washington, DC 20016*
>
> *202-355-1546*
>
> *smoore at cal.org <smoore at cal.org>*

William P. Rivers, Ph.D. Executive Director Joint National Committee for
Languages - National Council for Languages and International Studies 4600
Waverly Avenue, 3rd Floor Box 386 Garrett Park, MD 20896 ofc. 202-580-8684
cell: 240-529-7684 www.languagepolicy.org Sent from Gmail mobile