[lg policy] Makron's English proficiency?

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:58:07 UTC 2018

All:  The visit of M. Macron to the US this week has prompted me to wonder
where and how he learned his English, which in some cases is quite
proficient, except for a number of instances of mistakes in the assignment
of stress to certain vowels.  But in general his English is quite
proficient, making me wonder
where and how he learned it.

I lived in France for two years a number of decades ago,during a time when
it was definitely not cool to speak English in public.  De Gaulle was the
President and wouldn't have been caught dead speaking English in public.
So I  practiced my French every day, and rarely met anyone with the
proficiency in English that Macron demonstrates.  So my question is, does
anyone out there know how and where M. Macron learned English, and if so,
would you share that knowledge with people on this list?

Best,

Hal Schiffman

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com