[lg policy] Lagos Yoruba Language Policy and Why Restructuring is Important

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 17:26:24 UTC 2018

 Lagos Yoruba Language Policy and Why Restructuring is Important

Posted by: ojonugwa ugboja <https://sundiatapost.com/author/ojfells/> in Social
Media Feeds <https://sundiatapost.com/category/social-media-feeds/> 4 hours
ago

By Mbe Nwaniga

ABUJA (Sundiata Post)

I support Lagos in its Yoruba Language Preservation and Promotion Law
because it aligned with my federalist ideology.We cannot operate a uniform
law in a federal union.Let there be Shari’a laws in Kano and Omenala laws
in Enugu .
Road signs in Lagos should include Yoruba language texts and let the road
directions to Trans-Ekulu ,Enugu or Aba from Owerri include Igbo texts.

We know we are not “one people” yet we keep living in denial.I have been
asking that a policeman who cannot speak Igbo or understand the culture
should not be sent to Enugu state.Do not send Mbe Nwaniga to Gboko in Benue
to become a policeman because he can’t function properly there.He won’t
even risk his life to protect the Tiv from Fulani or vice versa.

Tinubu,Buhari and this APC government should implement the El Rufai
Committee recommendations immediately to save Nigeria.

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com