[lg policy] Looking for panel participants for AAS Denver March 2019 conference

Selma K Sonntag selma.sonntag at humboldt.edu
Fri Jul 27 23:01:40 UTC 2018

Dear Language Policy colleagues,

I am trying to put together at the last minute (my fault!) a panel on
Language Politics and Policy: Focus on Asia for the Association for Asian
Studies conference in Denver, March 21-24, 2018.

Conference website:

http://www.asian-studies.org/Conferences/AAS-Annual-Conference/Conference-Menu/Home-Cover

I need at least one more paper presenter to make a go of it. The two paper
presentations thus far are my own paper on India’s language regime, in
particular how local traditions have been accommodated by linguistic
federalism; and a paper on the making of Tamil language as an identity
marker in colonial Madras Presidency. So if you work on language policy and
politics in any part of Asia and are interested in joining the panel and
attending the conference, please get in touch with me right away,
preferably with a 250-word abstract. The deadline for panel submission in
this Wednesday, August 1st, hence the urgency. I also need a discussant for
the panel, if anyone is interested.

My contact info:

Selma.Sonntag at humboldt.edu

Selma.Sonntag at colorado.edu