[lg policy] ‘Doad Te Dugg’ of Dr Amin Tabish released

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:10:17 UTC 2018

--
= ‘Doad Te Dugg’ of Dr Amin Tabish released JKAACL, Info deptt organize
function
------------------------------
KNS
*By : KNS* |   Srinagar, *Publish Date*: Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:37:23
PM | *Updated Date* : Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:37:23 PM

Srinagar, Oct 06 (KNS): Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Art, Culture and
Languages in collaboration with Directorate of Information Saturday
organised a Literary cum Cultural function at the Auditorium of Information
Department to release the Music Album (Doad Te Dugg) of Dr. Syed Amin
Tabish.
Khurshid Ahmad Ganie, Adviser to Governor was the chief guest and Prof
Rahman Rahi, presided over the function.
Top dignitaries including Vice Chancellor of IUST Professor Sidiqi, Justice
Hasnain Masoodi, Principal SKIMS Medical College, and a galaxy of
intellectuals, writers, poets and academic participated.
The functioned started with live performance of reputed artists (Kifayat
Faheem and Shahi Mumtaz) who sung Tabish’s Kashmiri gazals.
Inayat Gul, a noted writer presented his paper on the life and achievements
of Dr. Tabish.
The welcome address was given by Secretary Cultural Academy, Dr Aziz
Hajini. Hajini appreciated the contribution of Dr. Tabish for the promotion
of Kashmiri language.
Dr. Syed Amin Tabish in his speech said that there are 122 languages which
are spoken by 10,000 or more people in India, which has a population of 134
crore. “When a language ceases to be learned by young children, its days
are clearly numbered, and we can predict with near certainty that it will
not survive the death of the current native speakers,” he said.
He said that when a language dies, a world dies with it, in the sense that
a community’s connection with its past, its traditions and its base of
specific knowledge are all typically lost as the vehicle linking people to
that knowledge is abandoned.
He further said, every language spoken in the world represents a special
culture, melody, color, and asset and to everyone the mother language is
certainly one of the most precious treasures in our lives. “It’s a duty and
responsibility to preserve it and pass it down from generation to
generation,” he said.
He said that mother language for emotional and mental growth. “Our mother
tongue is the language we use to think, dream and feel emotion. Mother
tongue is an indicator of cultural identity. A child connects to his
parents, family, relatives, culture, history, identity and religion through
his mother tongue. A child will identify himself with the language and
culture he knows best,” he said.
Parents must establish a strong home language policy and make consistent
efforts to help their children develop good literacy skills in their first
language,” he said, adding that the first step parents should take is make
children love mother tongue by finding ways that motivate and encourage its
learning.
Chief Guest Khurshid Ahmed Ganie in his speech highlighted the achievements
of Dr. Tabish and said that we need to focus on promoting language and he
will always be happy to pride all possible help. He further said that we
must speak Kashmiri with children at home.
Professor Rahman Rahi, who was the Chief Guest on the occasion, appreciated
the contribution of Dr. Tabish towards Kashmiri literature. He said that
Tabish is a writer and poet of high calibre. “We hope he will continue to
contribute to the growth and development of literature in Kashmiri,” he
said.
While releasing the Music Album, the clips of some songs were played on the
occasion.
The audience was mesmerized by the performance of renowned artist who sung
Kalam-i-Tabish on the occasion.
Rashid Nizami conducted the proceedings and vote of thanks was presented by
Chief Editor of Urdu in Cultural Academy, M Ashraf Tak. (KNS)

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com