[lg policy] Government firm on two language policy: CM

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 15:16:02 UTC 2019

COIMBATORE

   - Home <https://www.covaipost.com/>
   -
   - Coimbatore <https://www.covaipost.com/coimbatore/>

Government firm on two language policy: CM

Covai Post Network
<https://www.covaipost.com/author-list/?author=Covai%20Post%20Network>

June 6, 2019

   -
   -
   -
   - *
   <https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=Government%20firm%20on%20two%20language%20policy%3A%20CM%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.covaipost.com%2Fcoimbatore%2Fgovernment-firm-on-two-language-policy-cm%2F>*
   -

Coimbatore : Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palanisamy Thursday said that the
State is committed and firm on two language policy and he never advocated a
three-language policy.

As some journalists in Delhi wanted their wards to study Tamil, I posted it
in twitter handle. However, it was totally twisted. I never said anywhere
that I was supporting a three language policy,” Palanisamy told reporters
at the airport here tonight.

Palanisamy expressed hope that Karnataka will release Cauvery water as per
the order of the Cauvery Management Board.

Stating that Congress President, Rahul Gandhi during election campaign in
Karnataka had said that a dam will be constructed across Cauvery if his
party came to power, Palanisamy said that no political party had condemned
it.

On water shortage, the chief minister said that the State was facing water
scarcity due to scanty rains. Steps were being taken to tackle the
situation and funds had been allotted and officials were told about it even
before the polls..

When asked about the decrease in the percentage of AIADMK votes in the
recent polls, he said that AIADMK vote bank was intact and the decline was
because of the party contesting in fewer seats.

Those who had left AIADMK will return to the party fold soon, he said.

DMK had won the elections as that party had put forward a bag of lies, he
said.

To a question on the release of seven persons involved in Rajiv Gandhi
assassination, Palanisamy said that the then chief minister, M Karunanidhi
had written a note that except Nalini others six should not be released.

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com