[languse] Fwd: Recorder Advice wanted

Emo Gotsbachner emo.gotsbachner at univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 13 16:25:32 UTC 2000

Hank,

there is nothing like a device recording automatically everything going
on, because the human ear is much better differenciating voices out of the
surrounding noise. So you wont come around learning some of the basic
recording skills. Usually external microphones do better, and they can be
placed more easily in a way you can manage to record exactly the voices
you want. And I wouldnt recommend voice activated recording, because it
always cuts off the first words of an utterance.