[Linganth] Ethnographies of Language and Gender

Paul Lai paulflai at berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 4 16:05:02 UTC 2015

There will be others more concentrated on gender that people will list, but I greatly appreciated Norma Mendoza-Denton’s 2008 Homegirls http://www.amazon.com/Homegirls-Language-Cultural-Practice-Latina/dp/063123490X <http://www.amazon.com/Homegirls-Language-Cultural-Practice-Latina/dp/063123490X> and its recognition of the intersectional aspects of contemporary gender identity.

Paul