[Linganth] Gumperz and Roberts 1980

Sonia Das sonia.das at nyu.edu
Fri May 3 17:14:50 UTC 2024

Dear Linguistic Anthropologists and Sociolinguists,

Does anyone have a PDF or link to the article by John Gumperz and Celia
Roberts to send me?

*Gumperz, J. J. & Roberts, C. 1980. Developing awareness skills for
interethnic communication. In Occasional Papers, no. 12. Seameo Regional
Language Center, Singapore.*

If not, I'm looking for any article written by John Gumperz on the idea of
"interethnic communication" between speakers of Indian English and British
English.  I have found the one in *Sociolinguistics: A Reader and
Coursebook*, but was wondering if there's anything else on this subject
that he and his collaborators wrote.

Thank you so much!
Sonia

Sonia N. Das, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)