[Linganth] Seeking ideas for a Linguistic Anthropology Field Methods course

Rabie, Deina - (drabie) drabie at arizona.edu
Thu Oct 24 17:23:38 UTC 2024

Dear Linguistic Anthropologists,
I am in the process of putting together a course on linguistic anthropology field methods. The course will focus on the research toolkit that linguistic anthropologists use when they go about doing ethnographic research that foregrounds language (as opposed to the different forms of discourse analysis we undertake once we’ve collected our data). If you have taught similar courses or units in larger courses, I would be grateful if you could share readings you have used as well as other resources and ideas you might have. In turn, I'd be happy to share the syllabus I put together with anyone who is interested.
Thank you very much!
Deina Rabie (she/her)

Assistant Professor, School of Anthropology

University of Arizona

We respectfully acknowledge that the University of Arizona is on the land and territories of Indigenous peoples. Today, Arizona is home to 22 federally recognized tribes, with Tucson being home to the O'odham and the Yaqui.