[Linganth] tenure track job: University of Western Ontario, Canada

Karen Pennesi pennesi at uwo.ca
Fri Sep 20 18:28:58 UTC 2024

Hello all,

I'm passing on this job posting for a joint position in our department. Full description attached. It would be great to have someone who does linguistic and/or cultural anthropology! Please note that I am not personally involved in the hiring process.

Assistant Professor – Black Feminist Anthropology
The Departments of Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies (GSWS) and Anthropology , at The
University of Western Ontario, invite applications for a full-time probationary (tenure stream)
joint position at the rank of Assistant Professor with a specialization in any subdiscipline of
Anthropology in relation to Black Feminist Anthropology. The successful candidate will have a
joint appointment in the two Departments with Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies as the
home department. Start date will be July 2025 or as negotiated. Salary and rank will be
commensurate with qualifications and experience.

We seek an emerging Black scholar whose research and teaching will enhance and expand the
strengths of both GSWS and Anthropology and whose scholarship examines the diversity and
complexity of Black peoples, communities, and/or cultural practices. The succ essful candidate
will engage with Black peoples’ contemporary and/or historical struggles for social justice. The
successful candidate will participate in the building of interdisciplinary modules (extant Minor
and Major in planning) in Black Studies.

Applicants should have the Ph.D. in hand or be in the final stages of its completion, and must
demonstrate engagement with Black feminist intellectual practices, both methodologically and
conceptually, in teaching and research.

[Western University]
Karen Pennesi[A button with "Hear my name" text for name playback in email signature]<https://www.name-coach.com/karenpennesi>

Associate Professor, Anthropology