timing of ALT

Suzanne E Kemmer kemmer at RUF.RICE.EDU
Fri Aug 20 16:05:33 UTC 1999

I would support a move to even-numbered years
if that would help cognitive typologists who
want to go to both conferences and currently
can't if they're in the same year.

Can ALT members help my dilemma too? I would
LOVE to attend ALT--but it always seems to
be the first week of my semester. One year
I got to go for one day because I happened
to be in Eugene for a conference the preceding
weekend. But I have missed all other ALT
meetings due to the conflict with semester
start-up. If I'm the only one, OK, but
I thought there were maybe others on the
same timetable.

--Suzanne