Prefixed / proclitic plurals

Matthew S Dryer dryer at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Sep 20 16:33:07 UTC 2001

Marianne's comment is well taken.  There are various other instances among
the languages I listed as having plural prefixes in which the prefixes are
not simple plural affixes, but prefixes which code plurality plus some
other grammatical or semantic feature.  For example, the prefixes in Bantu
languages code both number and noun class.

Matthew