Announcement: Sabbatical at RCLT

Alexandra Y. Aikhenvald a.aikhenvald at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 4 08:42:29 UTC 2002

SPEND A SABBATICAL AT RCLT

The Research Centre for Linguistic Typology at La Trobe University in
Melbourne, Australia, is home to a wide range of scholars who undertake
intensive studies of previously undescribed (or barely described)
languages. Building upon reliable descriptive studies, members of the
Research Centre also work on inductive typological generalizations
concerning the nature of human language. All of our work is in terms of
basic linguistic theory (in preference to any of the formal theories of the
day).

We welcome enquiries from similarly oriented scholars who would be
interested in spending a sabbatical at RCLT. We can provide a room and a
computer, plus an intellectual ambiance of the highest order.

For further information, please consult our website,
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/rclt.

Anyone interested should write to RCLT's Associate Director, Alexandra
Aikhenvald, on a.aikhenvald at latrobe.edu.au.

Professor Alexandra Y. Aikhenvald, FAHA
Associate Director
Research Centre for Linguistic Typology