Word Order Change

Matthew Anstey ansteyfamily at OPTUSNET.COM.AU
Tue Apr 29 23:36:30 UTC 2003

ansteyfamily at optusnet.com.au

From: Discussion List for ALT [mailto:LINGTYP at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG] On
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 7:56 PM
To: LINGTYP at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
Subject: Word Order Change

Christiane Marchello-Nizia
(ENS LSH Lyon – IUF Paris)
marchell at linguist.jussieu.fr
and
Anna Sorés
(Université Paris X)
anna.sores at net-up.com

Dear Colleages,

We are working on some types of Word Order Change , in Romance languages and
Finno-Ugric Languages: from SOV to SVO particularly.
In order to develop our corpus, we should like to extend our research to
other cases of such a change (from SOV to SVO, and also from SVO to VSO).
Do you know the same evolution in other languages ? It would be very helpful
for us if you have other examples.
Thank you for helping us.
A.S and CMN