Abbreviations in glossing

Bill Croft w.croft at MAN.AC.UK
Fri Mar 21 15:31:31 UTC 2003

After seeing Matthew Anstey's message, I put the abbreviations listed
at the beginning of Typology and Universals (2nd edition) on my Web page:
http://lings.ln.man.ac.uk/Info/staff/WAC/. This is the complete set developed
in the FDG project by Bernard Comrie, Christian Lehmann, Dietmar Zaefferer and
myself; a modified version was adopted by Eurotyp. The file also includes
the symbols used for glossing (e.g. dealing with circumfixes and
infixes), which was
adapted by the FDG group from Christian Lehmann's 1982 Folia
Linguistica paper on
"Directions for interlinear morpheme translations".

Bill Croft