Syntax textbook?

Harry Howard howard at TULANE.EDU
Tue Mar 16 18:32:49 UTC 2004

Dear Typologists,

Does anyone know of a textbook for syntax from a typological
perspective? I have used practically every textbook on generative
syntax in existence, with underwhelming results. This time around, I
want to try to give students a feel for the breadth of syntactic
variety in the world's languages, rather than what theoreticians were
speculating about last year.

If you reply to me personally, I will post a summary to the list.

Thanx in advance for your help,
Harry
Harry Howard, Associate Professor
Dept. of Spanish & Portuguese, Director of Graduate Studies
Program in Cognitive Studies
Program in Latin American Studies
Program in Linguistics
Program in Neuroscience

http://www.tulane.edu/~howard/

voice: +504-862-3417
fax: +504-862-8752
email (this should keep the spambots at bay):
howard
@
tulane.edu

postal mail:
Dept. of Spanish & Portuguese
322-D Newcomb Hall
Tulane University
New Orleans, LA  70118-5698, USA

  "If everything's under control, you're not going fast enough."
                                              Mario Andretti (?)