Call for Papers - LTBA

Sheena van der Mark S.vanderMark at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Thu Jul 14 05:26:11 UTC 2005

Linguistics of the Tibeto-Burman Area (LTBA) would like to announce the
following recent changes to the journal, and to ask for submissions.
Effective with Issue 28.2 (Fall 2005), LTBA will be edited by Dr. Randy
J. LaPolla at La Trobe University. Additionally, for several volumes now
LTBA has been a refereed journal. We hope authors will not hesitate in
sending us their best papers.

LTBA is devoted to the synchronic and diachronic study of the languages
of the Southeast Asian linguistic area, especially the vast and ramified
Tibeto-Burman family, the only proven relatives of Chinese. In addition
to Tibeto-Burman, articles have appeared on all the major language
families of mainland Southeast Asia, notably a monograph on the Waic
branch of Mon-Khmer (Vol. 5.2), a special issue containing fourteen
articles on Hmong-Mien (Vol. 10.2), and two volumes on Lai Chin (Vols.
20.2 and 21.1). LTBA was founded in 1974, and has been in continuous
publication ever since, attracting contributions from many of the
leading scholars in the field. For further information on the journal,
visit our website at http://stedt.berkeley.edu/ltba/
<http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~ltba/> .

Contributors should initially submit either a hard copy or (ideally) an
electronic copy in pdf format (as an email attachment). If this is not
possible, we can accept Rich Text Format (.rtf) documents produced in
Microsoft Word for Macintosh or Windows. Our default font is Times (12
point) and we request that manuscripts employ either STEDT or SIL IPA
(12 point; Times-based) for phonetic transcriptions. If it is necessary
to use any other phonetic or non-roman font, please include the font
with the submission. All submissions should be formatted in accordance
with the instructions provided at
http://stedt.berkeley.edu/ltba/contrib.html
<http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~ltba/contrib.html> .

Please send all submissions to

Dr. Randy J. LaPolla
Linguistics
La Trobe University
Bundoora, VIC 3086
AUSTRALIA
r.lapolla at latrobe.edu.au

For subscriptions, please fill in the form at
http://stedt.berkeley.edu/ltba/order.html or write to

LTBA/Department of Linguistics
1203 Dwinelle Hall #2652
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-2652
ltba at socrates.berkeley.edu

The subscription rate is $18 per issue US Domestic/$21 Non-US (includes
shipping and handling), payable upon receipt. There is a pre-publication
discount for multiple-volume purchases prepaid BEFORE publication. Back
issues of LTBA are also available at a cost of $18/$21 per issue.