What about how

Richard Madsen norrv at HUM.AU.DK
Mon Mar 21 04:27:19 UTC 2005

It's a good point Alan makes. The English expression is paralleled by
Danish "Hvor skulle jeg vide det fra?" and Hungarian "Honnan tudjam?" both
meaning literally "Where should I know it from?". However, if we adopt
such a broader view, all interrogatives will be markers of negation since
posing a question implies that the poser of the question does *not* have
certain pieces of information.

Richard

Alan Jones <Alan.Jones at LING.MQ.EDU.AU> den 21. marts 2005 kl. 03:42 +0000