colour words and parts of speech

Frans Plank Frans.Plank at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Tue Apr 4 08:01:43 UTC 2006

I remember discussing such matters with Tapani Salminen (Helsinki) a while
ago, when Edith and some others (including I believe you, David) where
trying to write something on colour terms as possibly the nouniest among
property concepts:  he mentioned a Samoyedic language (I believe it was
Nenets) where colours conceived of as complementary are systematically
either nouns or verbs.

Frans