Fwd: Volitional patients

Bernard Comrie comrie at EVA.MPG.DE
Wed Mar 22 17:50:52 UTC 2006

Dear Åshild:

Possibly relevant to your question is the
phenomenon in many languages whereby causative
constructions differ, typically in the
case-marking of the causee, depending on the
degree of volitionality of the causee.

Bernard

--
[I am based in Santa Barbara through 2006 mid-March.
>From  2006 late March I will be based in Leipzig]

Prof. Dr. Bernard Comrie
Director, Department of Linguistics, Max Planck
Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology
Distinguished Professor of Linguistics, University of California Santa Barbara

E-mail: comrie at eva.mpg.de
Home page: http://email.eva.mpg.de/~comrie/

Deutscher Platz 6
D-04103 Leipzig
Germany
tel. +49 341 35 50 315
fax +49 341 35 50 333

Department of Linguistics
University of California Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3100
USA
fax +1 805 893 7769

A copy of all incoming e-mail is forwarded to my
secretary.    If you do not wish your message to
be read other than by me, please put "private" in
the subject box.