plural agreement for singular subjects

Stuart Robinson Stuart.Robinson at MPI.NL
Wed Jan 31 07:57:15 UTC 2007

Oops. As P. Muysken kindly pointed out, the example that I provided had a
feminine subject, not a neuter one. (The agreement marker should have been
'e' and not 'i'). Here are some correct examples:

riro-a   kopii-a       tou-pa-i-voi      vovokio-ia
big-sg.n sickness-sg.n be-cont-3.pl-pres today-loc
Serious illness exists today./Tudei i gat bikpela sik istap.

kopu-pa-vira    tou-pa-i-voi      upiriko      pitoka
uncooked-dv-adv be-cont-3.pl-pres sweet.potato saucepan
The saucepan of sweet potatos is uncooked./Sospen kaukau i no tan.

kasirao-vira tou-pa-i-voi      uuko  rovu
hot-adv      be-cont-3.pl-pres water classifier
The water is really hot./Wara i hot i stap.

Sorry about that.

-Stuart