query: associative plurals via noun-verb disagreement

Balthasar Bickel autotype at UNI-LEIPZIG.DE
Fri Nov 14 06:31:13 UTC 2008

David -- since you also asked for negative data: Belhare (Kiranti,
Sinotibetan) does not allow ASPD. I tested this when exploring other
effects of 'disagreement'. (Disagreement in number, with a singular NP
and a nonsingular agreement marker, results in meanings like 'one of
them laughed'. I have a paper on this in Studies in Language, 2000).

	-- Balthasar.