demonstrative or pronoun?

Dolgor Guntsetseg dolgor.guntsetseg at LING.UNI-STUTTGART.DE
Fri Aug 7 16:19:30 UTC 2009

Dear David, (if I may)

In Mongolian (Khalkha), we only use the pronoun in both context as here:

Bi John baina.
I John be-NPST (non-past)

or the name as a subject like here:

John baina.
John be-NPST

The use of demonstrative is ungrammatical at all.

Best regards,
Gunne (full name: Dolgor Guntsetseg)