Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Leiss thinks that she can prohibit linguists to discuss certain topics.

Jan WOHLGEMUTH jan at LINGUIST.DE
Sat Dec 19 15:49:27 UTC 2009

Dear Yuri,
since you ask "what do you think", you might perhaps be interested in a
reply: I think that your post to this list was exactly the same as what
you criticized in Leiss' posting and entirely unnecessary.

Several people already made clear that certain remarks and attitudes did
not befit a scientific discussion (list). Sarcastic attacks ad personam
(or, even worse, at all German professors) don't help at all to return
to the topic of the discussion and of the list.

If your point was to criticize Leiss for her attempt to prohibit Everett
from discussing a topic, maybe you remember your own recent attempt to
keep a colleague from selling his books via this list.

Yours,
Jan

[...]