definition of typology

Raffaele Simone simone at UNIROMA3.IT
Sat Jan 16 12:37:23 UTC 2010

Vaste programme!, dear colleague. This is so everywhere in linguistics. This depends on the very nature of the discipline (a proto-science, in G.-G- Granger's terms), not on the malignity of individuals. Il faut s'y rendre! Everything is typology, nothing is typology!
Best,
R Simone

http://raffaelesimone.blogspot.com/
=======================
Dipartimento di Linguistica
Università Roma Tre
Via Ostiense 236
I-00146 Roma
tel. +[39](06)5733 8343
fax  +[39](06)5733 8344
=======================
Attività e pubblicazioni // Activity and publications

http://host.uniroma3.it/dipartimenti/linguistica/doc_simone.html
http://host.uniroma3.it/laboratori/triple/
skype name: raffaelesimone
jajah name: rsimone

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yuri Tambovtsev
  To: LINGTYP at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
  Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:03 PM
  Subject: definition of typology

  Dear Typology colleagues, reading journals on typology I came to a conclusion that different linguists and edotors understand typology in their own way. It especially concerns editors who may return a manuscript on the pretext that it is not on typology. Therefore, it occurred to me to discuss the term "typology" in order to realise how it is understood in modern linguistics. Looking forward to receiving your definitions to yutamb at mail.ru  Yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev