linguistics publication and other fields

Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm tamm at LING.SU.SE
Mon Mar 29 19:00:34 UTC 2010

> Anyway, the practice of (sometimes) citing earlier work is no
> disadvantage for linguistics in competing for funding, but the
> practice of widely publishing in edited volumes is. Often there's
> no particular reason for edited volumes, other than habits. And
> habits can easily be changed, if one wants to.

I wonder which journal would be happy to have thematic issues on loan
words across 41 languages. I, for my part, grossly appreciate
coherent edited volumes on a well defined topic, which is
particularly relevant for studies of comparable phenomena across a
large number of languages – something that is undoubtedly important
in typological research.

Masha

Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm
Dept. of linguistics, Stockholm University
106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
tel.: +46-8-16 26 20
tamm at ling.su.se
http://www.ling.su.se/staff/tamm