Help with data on suppletion in nominal and adjectival paradigms

Ljuba Veselinova ljuba at LING.SU.SE
Tue May 11 15:31:24 UTC 2010

Dear All,

A student of mine is writing her master's thesis on suppletion in
nominal and adjectival paradigms. She is not finding any occurrences
of suppletion with nouns and, when relevant, with adjectives neither
in the languages listed below. She has, of course, read the pertinent
grammars, listed here,
http://www.wiki-site.com/index.php/Nominal_and_Adjectival_Suppletion.

Northern Embera, Nez Perce, Martuyhunira, Berbice Dutch Creole,
Azari, Samoan, Wirango, Mundari, Thai, Maricopa, Paumarí, Tlingil,
Apruinã, Lakhota, Arabana-Wangkangurru, Mandarin Chinese,
Indonesian, and Ndyuka.

If any of you know about any additional sources or experts on these
languages that we should consult, please get back to me. We are also
interested to hear about possible cases of suppletion in languages
related to those listed above.

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Ljuba

Ljuba Veselinova
Dept of Linguistics, Stockholm University, S-10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-8-16-2332 Fax: +46-8-15 5389
URL  : http://www.ling.su.se/staff/ljuba/

"We learn by going where we want to go."
                                          Julia Cameron