call for bids: ALT11 in 2015

Jean-Christophe Verstraete jean-christophe.verstraete at ARTS.KULEUVEN.BE
Wed Dec 21 15:25:32 UTC 2011

Dear ALT members,

We are launching a call for bids for the organization of ALT11 in 2015.
As agreed in 2008, conferences will follow the cycle “Europe, America,
Other”. After ALT9 in Hong Kong and ALT10 in Leipzig, ALT11 will be held
in (North or Latin) America.

We would like to invite any department interested in making a bid for
the 2015 ALT conference to do so by contacting the president at
<johanna at berkeley.edu> by February 15th 2012. To help the executive
committee in considering bids, we ask you to answer the questions below,
which cover basic information about the venue and its infrastructure.
The Executive Committee will aim to reach a decision by March 15th.

With best wishes,

Johanna Nichols (President)
Jean-Christophe Verstraete (Secretary-Treasurer)

--

1. Organizing committee

Proposed members of the local organizing committee
Availability of administrative support

2. Location

Availability of conference halls of various sizes
Availability, cost and accessibility of hotels, student accommodation
Access by local public transport
Proximity to airports, train stations etc.

3. Timing

Preferred timing, and alternatives, if available
Also depends on:
- availability of conference halls, hotels etc
- combination with other workshops, conferences etc in the area
- avoiding clashes with other conferences, schools etc, e.g. LSA
institute, ICHL

4. Finances
- Potential funding sources (research councils, university funding,
other sponsors)
- Options for offering scholarships to students & scholars from
developing countries