Jobs: System developer (corpus annotation tool)

Volker Gast volker.gast at UNI-JENA.DE
Fri Jan 28 23:10:19 UTC 2011

Job opening (part time/50%)

We are seeking a research associate with a background in computer
science to join our international collaborative research group on 'A
corpus-based typology of clause linkage' based at the universities of
Zurich and Jena. Our project aims at statistically modelling the
structural variation in corpora of genealogically and geographically
diverse languages.

We are looking for someone to take responsibility for the development of
a software system facilitating the annotation of our corpora by human
experts.

Applicants must hold a university degree in some relevant field, e.g.
computer science or linguistics. Applicants from other fields will also
be considered if they can demonstrate the necessary skills, esp. in the
areas of complex data structures, script languages and web design. The
ability to work in a team and good communication skills are essential.

The position is based at the University of Jena (Department of English
and American Studies). The salary is in accordance with the German state
regulated public service salary scale (TV-L 13/2).

Applications can be sent to Volker Gast by email (reference number
19/2011). The deadline is February 21, 2011, but the position will
remain open until filled.

For more information, please visit our website
(http://www.uni-jena.de/~mu65qev/LinkType) or contact B. Bickel
(bickel at uni-leipzig.de) or V. Gast (volker.gast at uni-jena.de).

Best regards,
Volker Gast
Balthasar Bickel

(Please forward this message to anyone interested.)