head-only case marking in NPs?

Siva Kalyan sivakalyan.princeton at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 26 14:30:27 UTC 2011

Tamil does this:

inta.k kuẓantai-kaḷ-ukk ellām pariṭcai iru-kkāt=ā?
[PROX.DEM child-PL-DAT all]NP exam(.NOM) exist-FUT.NEG.NEUT=Q
“Won’t all these children have an exam?” (example from www.writermugil.com/?p=1036)

Siva

--
Siva Kalyan