Announcement: Conference on Valency Classes, April 15-17th in Leipizg, Germany

Iren Hartmann iren.hartmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 14 15:15:12 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The members of the *Leipzig Valency Classes project* (
http://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/valency/index.php) are currently carrying out a
large-scale cross-linguistic comparison of valency classes. To make progress
in the cross-linguistic study of valency classes, we have assembled a group
of contributors/language experts, who are collaborating on providing
consistent sets of cross-linguistic data. To bring all of these experts
together for a meeting we are organizing a big *Conference on Valency
Classes in the World's Languages*.  In case you're wondering whether you've
missed a call for papers: you have not. All our presenters have been
especially invited by us.
We think that this conference might be of interest to some of you and it
will be *open to the public*, so if you wish to attend it you are welcome to
do so. The *conference program* can be found on our website:
http://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/valency/files/events/2011_conf_on_valency_classes.php
*The conference will take place at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary
Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany on April 15-17th* *2011*.

There is no registration fee in the strict sense, however, if you wish to
eat lunch with us, you will be charged a small fee for this (to be payable
upon arrival). The exact amount remains yet to be calculated, but it should
be around 15 EUR per person for the two lunches (Friday & Saturday). We are
also organizing a city walking tour on Sunday after the conference, if you
would like to join us for this you can do so (this will cost between 6 and
10 EUR per person, depending on how many people will participate.)

*If you would like to attend our conference*, *please send an e-mail to
iren_hartmann at eva.mpg.de and cschmidt at eva.mpg.de* *before March 31st*,
providung us with the following information :

- your name
- your affiliation
- whether you would like to eat lunch with us on Friday and Saturday. (Yes /
No)
- whether you would like to join us for the city walking tour on Sunday.
(Yes / No)

Looking forward to seeing some of you here in Leipzig.

Best regards,
Iren Hartmann & Andrej Malchukov (the conference organizers)

Iren Hartmann
Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6
04103 Leipzig