Quiry on the development typology of non-canonical/quirky/oblique subjects or subject-like obliques

Ilja Serzants ilja.serzants at UIB.NO
Mon Apr 9 12:40:31 UTC 2012

 Dear colleagues,

I am trying to collect as much as possible data on the evolution (both rise and demise) of non-canonical/quirky/oblique subjects or subject-like obliques for a typological survey. I am just afraid to unwillingly leave out too much out of consideration just by ignorance.

I will be extremely grateful for every reference to (or even a PDF of) a case study from any language/language family (except maybe such well-studied ones as Germanic languages), not least synoptic papers.

With many thanks in advance,

Ilja

Ilja A. Serzant
PhD Research Fellow