SV: query: taboo against 3 people in picture

Pedro Martins ptsgmartins at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 22 14:26:30 UTC 2012

In Portuguese (at least, in European Portuguese), there's the expression:
"um é pouco, dois é bom, três é demais", which means "one is too few, two
is good, three is too much". It is regularly used when a situation arises
in which the norm is exactly two persons (being in a couple, for example)
and a third person wants to -- or finds himself in a position that make
others think he might -- be part of it.

Pedro