call for bids: ALT12 in 2017
jean-christophe.verstraete at ARTS.KULEUVEN.BE
Thu Dec 12 10:22:56 UTC 2013
Dear ALT members,
We are launching a call for bids for the organization of ALT12 in 2017.
As agreed in 2008, conferences will follow the cycle “Europe, America,
Other”. After ALT10 in Leipzig and ALT11 in Albuquerque, ALT12 will be
held outside Europe or (North or Latin) America.
We would like to invite any department interested in making a bid for
the 2017 ALT conference to do so by contacting the president at
<johanna at berkeley.edu> by February 15th 2014. To help the executive
committee in considering bids, we ask you to answer the questions below,
which cover basic information about the venue and its infrastructure.
The Executive Committee will aim to reach a decision by March 15th.
With best wishes,
Johanna Nichols (President)
Jean-Christophe Verstraete (Secretary-Treasurer)
1. Organizing committee
Proposed members of the local organizing committee
Availability of administrative support
Availability of conference halls of various sizes
Availability, cost and accessibility of hotels, student accommodation
Access by local public transport
Proximity to airports, train stations etc.
Preferred timing, and alternatives, if available
Also depends on:
- availability of conference halls, hotels etc
- combinations with other workshops, conferences etc in the area
- avoiding clashes with other conferences, schools etc, e.g. LSA
- Potential funding sources (research councils, university funding,
- Options for offering scholarships to students & scholars from
5. Other points
- Any proposals for adjacent workshops?
- Any other ideas to make the conference attractive to potential
participants (inside and outside ALT)?
More information about the Lingtyp