Adjective-Noun order

Alan Jones alan.jones at MQ.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 21 20:59:00 UTC 2013

In Jones 1998 ('Towards a Lexicogrammar of Mekeo') I argue that the
N-A construction, when functioning as a nominal group, is simply what
in SFL is called a 'rankshifted' predicate. I.e. a predicate A is
reanalysed (in use) as an attribitutive A or N-modifier. The actual
structure is ambiguous.

AJ

--
Alan Jones,