recent posts on Diversity Linguistics Comment blog

Martin Haspelmath haspelmath at EVA.MPG.DE
Sun Mar 10 06:11:24 UTC 2013

Dear LINGTYP readers,

In case you are not a regular follower of "Diversity Linguistics
Comment" (http://dlc.hypotheses.org/) yet: Recently there has been quite
a bit of interesting discussion of a number of issues:

Östen Dahl: Stuck in the futureless zone <http://dlc.hypotheses.org/360>
(on Keith Chen's claims about a future-culture connection)

Peter Bakker: You can win a prize by proving that creoles are NOT a
distinct group of languages <http://dlc.hypotheses.org/352>

Martin Haspelmath: Is creole distinctiveness what we want to know about?
<http://dlc.hypotheses.org/343> (with commentary by David Gil, John
McWhorter, Mikael Parkvall)

Martin Haspelmath: Continent-wide typology: a recent trend within
diversity linguistics <http://dlc.hypotheses.org/340>

Please let me know if you're interested in contributing to this blog --
new authors are always welcome.

Martin